Science without Borders student guide!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frequently Asked Questions

2 posters

Go down

Frequently Asked Questions Empty Frequently Asked Questions

Post by Admin Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:22 pm

Will it be cold when I arrive at Toronto? Should I buy some special clothes before going?
That depends when you arrive.
If you arrive in June-August, it will be Summer. Therefore, the temperature will be around 25ºC
If you arrive in September, it will be Autumn. The temperature will be around 15°C.
Remember that this temperature values are on average. The temperature can reach 30º in the Summer and 10º in the Autumn.

How cold does it really get?
In the Winter you can see the temperature reaching -30ºC.
However, the average temperature for 2015 was around -15ºC

How should I dress-up for winter?
You should dress-up with layers. With a thermal shirt, one warming coat, and one winter coat that prevents wind. You will dress in the same way as an onion.
Barbara: Do not forget to wear scarf, hat, gloves, and snow boots. it’s better to be warm than feel cold, right?

This is a good page to consult for all of your winter worries!
http://cie.utoronto.ca/Coming/Living-Here/Climate-and-Clothing.htm

Last edited by Admin on Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin
Admin

https://cienciasemfronteiras.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Frequently Asked Questions Empty Re: Frequently Asked Questions

Post by juliana.couto Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:34 pm

Will it be cold when I arrive at Toronto? Should I buy some special clothes before going?
That depends when you arrive.
If you arrive in June-August, it will be Summer. Therefore, the temperature will be around 25ºC
If you arrive in September, it will be Autumn. The temperature will be around 20°C.
Remember that this temperature values are on average. The temperature can reach 40º in the Summer and 10º in the Autumn.

How cold does it really get?
In the Winter you can see the temperature reaching -30ºC.

How should I dress-up for winter?
You should dress-up with layers. With a thermal shirt, one warming coat, and one winter coat that prevents wind. You will dress in the same way as an onion.
juliana.couto
juliana.couto

Back to top Go down