Science without Borders student guide!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frequently Asked Questions

2 posters

Go down

Frequently Asked Questions Empty Frequently Asked Questions

Post by Admin Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:11 pm

How is the transportation to UofT and around it?
There are streetcars, underground subway, buses, and cycling in the summer.

If I want to walk around the city or even to go to the University, I assume I’ll need bus and subway tickets. Do you have a unified ticket for all of this? Or will I need to buy one every time I take a bus or the subway?

If you plan to use the TTC (that is the name of the public transportation system in Toronto) frequently, then it is more economical to get a metropass. Otherwise, it is cheaper to pay every time. Check the next question for more information.

Is there a pass to travel around the city and is it provided by UofT? If it’s not given by the University, where can I get it?

Yes, there is a pass to travel around the city. However, it is not provided by Uoft. It is called the post-secondary student metropass.

You can buy a monthly metropass for CAD $112.00.
With this metropass you can do unlimited travels on all TTC services (subway, streetcar, bus) inside Toronto. If you plan on getting this monthly pass, follow the instructions on this page http://ttc.ca/Fares_and_passes/Fare_information/Seniors_students_and_children/Post_Secondary_Students/index.jsp to get yourself one.

You can buy this metropass from 24th day of the previous month to the 4th day of the current month at all subway stations. Also, you can buy until the 15th day of the current month at Davisville and Bloor-Yonge stations.

For more information on prices for individual tickets or for weekly passes check this page http://ttc.ca/Fares_and_passes/Prices/index.jsp

Last edited by Admin on Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin
Admin

https://cienciasemfronteiras.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Frequently Asked Questions Empty Re: Frequently Asked Questions

Post by juliana.couto Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:51 pm

How is the transportation to UofT and around it?
There are streetcars, subway, buses, and taxis.

If I want to walk around the city or even to go to the University, I assume I’ll need bus and subway tickets. Do you have a unified ticket for all of this? Or will I need to buy one every time I take a bus or the subway?

If you don't have a metropass, you will need to buy one every time you take a TTC service.

However, you can use a ticket until your final destination.

Is there a pass to travel around the city and is it provided by UofT? If it’s not given by the University, where can I get it?

Yes, there is a pass to travel around the city. However, it is not provided by Uoft. It is called metropass.

You can buy a monthly metropass for CAD $112.00.
With this metropass you can do unlimited travels on all TTC services (subway, streetcar, bus) inside Toronto.

You can buy this metropass from 24th day of the previous month to the 4th day of the current month at all subway stations. Also, you can buy until the 15th day of the current month at Davisville and Bloor-Yonge stations.

The other categories do not have discount for students:
Weekly Pass: CAD $40.75
Day Pass: CAD $11.50
Single Fare (One Ride): CAD $3.00
juliana.couto
juliana.couto

Back to top Go down