Science without Borders student guide!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frequently Asked Questions

2 posters

Go down

Frequently Asked Questions Empty Frequently Asked Questions

Post by Admin Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:30 pm

Do I need to pay any monthly fees or tuition while I'm studying there?
No, it is all covered by the brazilian government. In other words, we have access to UofT medical plan as well as gym facilities for “free”.

When and how I will start having access to the government scholarship?
The scholarship is released every three months at the Banco do Brasil America’s card. The first remittance comes in, around one month before the beginning of the classes. (This was the case last year and may change)

How much do others brazilian students usually spend every month (with habitation, food, bills)?
The amount students spend is quite variable, depending on their expenses with food, rent. To give an approximate idea, rent can be from around 600-800$ a month (often this includes utilities such as electricity and hydro), food (if you do groceries and cook) can be around 200$ a month. Of course, if you eat at restaurants all the time this can get very expensive! Cell phone bills typically are around 30-50$, but you can go much higher too if you want more premium packages. If you do not live within walking distance from the university and need to use public transport, the post-secondary monthly pass is 112$.

Last edited by Admin on Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:03 am; edited 1 time in total

Admin
Admin

https://cienciasemfronteiras.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Frequently Asked Questions Empty Re: Frequently Asked Questions

Post by juliana.couto Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:23 pm

Do I need to pay any monthly fees or tuition while I'm studying there?
No, the Brazilian government is paying for everything.

When and how I will start having access to the government scholarship?
You will have access to the government scholarship around one-three months before your classes start. That depends if you start in July or September.
You will receive your student prepaid card and they will deposit your scholarship there.

How much do others brazilian students usually spend every month (with habitation, food, bills)?
Between CAD 1000-1400. That depends on your habits.
juliana.couto
juliana.couto

Back to top Go down